While the world searches in vain, the true secret to longevity is easy to find – it is mentioned in Psalm 103:5 – There, you’ll find the true Source of a long, healthy life, the One “who satisfies your mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s” (NKJV).
If you’re a believer in Jesus, you don’t have to slowly deteriorate in your mind and body, walking hunched over, suffering from age-related ailments, and living under the care of others. You don’t have to die young!
The Word of God has promised you long life, strength and health all your days. So, let’s do it. We’re here to help you learn how to renew your youth like the eagle, so you can live a long, strong and healthy life!
1. Focus On Your Spiritual DNA
“With long life I will satisfy him.” –Psalm 91:16 (NKJV)
Kenneth Copeland likes to say, “I plan to die young…at a very old age.” At 84 years old and showing no signs of slowing down, he’s well on his way!
But it wasn’t always that way.
When Kenneth was 69 years old, the devil started reminding him of something—his physical DNA. He reminded him that almost all his relatives had died in their 70s. Brother Copeland even started to see the signs and feel the symptoms of those genes.
“Physically, I was going downhill,” he says.
As he talked with the Lord about it, the Lord immediately said to him, You’re paying attention to your natural DNA. In My Word it says you’re born again not of corruptible seed, but by incorruptible seed (see 1 Peter 1:23). God continued and said, You’ve got My spiritual DNA. I’m your Father.
The minute Brother Copeland chose to focus on his spiritual DNA over his natural DNA, everything changed. He’ll tell you today that he’s stronger than he was 25 years ago. He has no intention of slowing down—he’s going for the 120-year promise!
Spiritually, he has the DNA to do it — so do you and so does every other born-again child of God!
As people of faith, we all have great spiritual genes. If you need evidence, just take a look at Abraham. He lived to be 175. According to Romans 4:11(KJV), he’s “the father of all them that believe.” So, longevity runs in our spiritual family.
It’s not the kind of longevity that just involves a lot of years, either. It’s not the kind that leaves you weak, worn-out and sitting in a nursing home. No, it’s the kind that comes from having your youth renewed.
Make a quality decision to lay claim to that heritage. Follow the example of Abraham and focus on your spiritual DNA, knowing that, because you have the same covenant of BLESSING, if you do what he did, you’ll get the same results.
2. Change the Way You Look At Death
“Moses was a hundred and twenty years old when he died, yet his eyes were not weak nor his strength gone.” –Deuteronomy 34:7 (NIV)
You don’t have to stop living at 70 or 80 years of age.
God never meant for us to die young. It’s His will for us to live out the full number of our days.
Traditionally, Psalm 90:10 has been quoted in regard to man’s life expectancy as 70 years, or if by reason of strength, 80. But what most people don’t realize is that this psalm is credited to Moses, who is interceding with God to remove the curse, which made it necessary for every Israelite over 20 years of age (when they rebelled against God at Kadesh-barnea) to die before reaching the Promised Land (Numbers 14:26-35). Moses says most of them are dying at 70 years of age. This number has often been mistaken as a set span of life for all mankind. It was not intended to refer to anyone except those Israelites under the curse during that particular 40 years. Seventy years never has been the average span of life for humanity.
Moses himself lived to be 120 years old. So don’t have the mindset that you should only live to be 70. What God actually said about man’s life span is found in Genesis 6:3: “And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.”
Think about it. That means at 60 you are just middle-aged! That’s not the time to start slowing down. Be determined to enjoy to the fullest the many productive years the Lord has promised you.
3. Take Natural Steps, too
“Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own.” –1 Corinthians 6:19 (NIV)
Some people think, We’re not under the law anymore, so we can eat whatever we want.
Well, not if you want to live to 120 years!
We have to care for our spirit, soul and body to live long and strong. We can’t eat junk food and never exercise, and then think we can live long and strong. We are called to feed ourselves physical, mental and spiritual food to properly care for ourselves—spirit, soul and body.
Another area that cannot be dismissed if you want to enjoy long life is unforgiveness.
Forgiveness is a spiritual law. It is not optional, and it’s a key to long life. You can eat right and exercise, but if you’re not keeping the law of love, it will cut your life short. Unforgiveness is poison to the human spirit and even the human brain.
It has been scientifically proven that fear and unforgiveness damage the brain. The brain is the only physical organ that gets better with age, but it will decline if it’s being fed wrong—physically, intellectually and spiritually.
On top of that, fear and unforgiveness have been linked to countless diseases. So, eat right, exercise, obey God and walk in love. When you do, your youth will renew like the eagle’s.
4. Think and Speak Words of Life and Health
“Death and life are in the power of the tongue.” –Proverbs 18:21 (KJV)
Well, I am getting older, you know.
Have you said those words—about creaking joints, a sore back, forgetting things or not seeing as clearly?
If you want to renew your youth like the eagle’s, you first must renew your mind to the Word of God, and then think and speak words of life and health.
Every day, say, “My youth is renewed like the eagle’s. I am so healthy and strong. My blood pressure is perfect, my cholesterol is low, my thyroid functions perfectly, my eyesight and hearing get better every day, my memory is sharp,” and so on. Then, don’t let yourself speak otherwise throughout the day.
It’s time to be like Bartimaeus and throw off the garment that is trying to define you. Throw off the garment of aging, feeling and acting old. Throw it off! That isn’t you. The Healer is here. He said He’ll renew your youth like the eagle’s. You can be 95 years old, and see and hear as well as you ever have, walk as well as you ever have, take care of yourself and be independent just as you always have. Don’t accept anything else.
If you want to live, you have to choose life. To choose life, you choose God. To choose God, you have to choose His words and do things His way.
If you’ll renew your mind through meditating and speaking the Word, then your spiritual DNA will arrest your physical DNA. Your youth will be renewed!
You don’t have to search the world over to find a way to renew your youth — it’s available to you here and now! Youth renewal is included in THE BLESSING of Abraham, which is yours in Christ Jesus. Put your faith to work right now and say, “I receive the benefit of my youth being renewed today!”
More Confessions for Youth Renewal
- “I serve the Almighty God, and according to His WORD and the covenant blood of Jesus, I call my body well. I call my life good. I call myself debt free. I call myself well and healed. I call my head well. I call my eyes well. I call my nose well. I call my sinuses well. I call my ears well. I call my neck well. All the bones in my neck are well. I call pain gone in the Name of Jesus. I call my throat well. According to The WORD of God, according to His blood, I will never have the flu again. I don’t have the flu; I have a covenant. I don’t have colds; I have a covenant—a blood covenant, a healing covenant with the Most High God. He’s my God, and I serve Him. He’s my God, and I trust Him. I am well. I call my body well. I call my shoulder well. My shoulders are well. I call my arms well. This elbow joint is well. These finger joints are well. I call my right arm well. This right elbow does not have inflammation in it. I call my right elbow well. Satan, get your hands off my elbow. You’re a zero, and I’m well. My lungs are well. I call my stomach well. I call my heart well.”
- “I call my liver well. Liver, God loves you, and I love you, and you’re well. My liver and the rest of me belong to Jesus. His liver is well, and my liver is well. I have a living liver. All my living liver is well.”
- “I call my intestines well. I call my lower abdomen well. My colon is well, and all the lower parts of my body are well, strong and in good shape. I call my hips well. I call my SI joints well. I call my lower back well. I call my lower back pain free, because my God has taken sickness from the midst of me. It says so in the book of Exodus 23:25-26: ‘He has taken sickness from the midst of me and the length of my days, He will fulfill.’ The length of my 120 years, He will fulfill.”
- “I call my legs well. I call my knees well. I call my thighs well. I call my sciatic nerves well. I call my toes well. I call my ankles well. My feet are well.”
- “I feel good, I feel fine; body, get in line. I rejoice for the King of kings and The LORD of lords has declared me well. His Father, the Almighty God, has called me well.”
- “I believe, I will, I take it, I have a well body. I thank You for it, I praise You for it, and I forgive if I have anything against anyone. I’m well from the top of my head to the soles of my feet. I am well.”
Sign up for our Path to Healing email course
Over the course of 4 weeks, you will receive in your Inbox foundational teachings on key topics to build your understanding of healing.