If you’re facing sickness or disease in your body today, you may already be speaking healing confessions and standing on God’s Word for healing, but if you haven’t yet achieved victory in this area, you may be wondering what else you can do, aside from standing for a manifestation. One powerful tool that is often overlooked by Christians is the taking of Communion.
“Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins” – Matthew 26:26-28.
Scripture References to meditate on before you take Communion: 1 Corinthians 11:23-24; Matthew 26:26-28; Luke 22:19-20.
Seven Tips for Taking Communion
You can take authority over any sickness or disease by applying the blood of Jesus to your life. He gave his life for you to be set free, receive His forgiveness and turn to Him.
Here is a guideline to help you get ready to take Communion.
- Get the bread and the drink ready – you can use any type of bread and blood coloured drink.
- You can take Communion alone or with a Christian family member or friend.
- Taking Communion is appropriating the blood of Jesus over your life, thanking Him for ALL He has done. You can take Communion every day. It isn’t a religious ceremony, so you don’t have to wait for a minister to serve it to you.
- Examine yourself before you take Communion. Before we partake, the Bible tells us to examine our hearts (1 Corinthians 11:28-29). Ask God for forgiveness in areas where you’ve missed the mark (strife, unforgiveness, jealousy, envy, hatred, covetousness, fear, worry, unbelief, etc.). Also, be sure you are not receiving Communion just as a religious exercise, rather than accepting everything Jesus’ sacrifice provided. Don’t receive it halfway; that will keep you from receiving everything provided by Jesus’ sacrifice (1 Corinthians 11:30).
- Partake of the bread, which symbolizes the physical and spiritual torment Jesus bore to redeem us from all areas of the curse. With this in mind, pray:
Lord, it’s not right that I suffer from sickness or disease or even fear of a plague. I judge it now as being from Satan, and I reject it. I refuse to receive it. I partake of the sacrifice of Your Son’s body, and I receive the abundant life that You have provided, in Jesus’ Name.
6. Partake of the cup and make this confession:
Father, I give You thanks for all You have provided for me through the new covenant in Christ Jesus. I partake of those promises now! Because of the blood of Jesus, I am healed. I am redeemed. I am the head and not the tail. I am above and not beneath. I take the protection from the coronavirus You sacrificed to give me, and I thank You and praise You for it, in Jesus’ Name.
7. Be settled on the matter. Once you have taken Communion, settle your protection and healing in your heart according to God’s Word. Don’t just hope it is done – know it.
The power of the blood of Jesus broke the curse of any virus, sickness or disease more than 2,000 years ago! The enemy has no chance against the blood of Jesus when you release the power with your FAITH. You can be protected and delivered through properly receiving the Lord’s Supper. Through Him, you have the victory!
How To Receive Communion
We would like to offer you a digital minibook in PDF format to help you understand what Jesus did for you and receive all that He purchased on the cross.
In this instructional book, you will learn the importance of Communion, when to take Communion and a step-by-step guide on how to take Communion.
God promised that “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved” – Romans 10:13
If you didn’t make Jesus the Lord over your life but you believe in your heart that He died for you, you can do this now. Click here to learn more, pray and download a free digital product to help you understand what it means to be a new creation.
We would like to give you the opportunity to sign up to the Psalm 91 Verse-by-verse & Confessions Study Course to learn more about God’s Covenant for Divine Protection.